Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Best Laid Plans

Life has a funny way of thwarting plans and dreams. There was a cruel twist of fate at the beginning of this year and it has put everything on hold. It has just been in the last couple of weeks that I have forayed into the shop, and things out there are not going well either. It seems to be one step forward three steps back. I need this dark cloud to pass.

We are working on a bench that doubles as a hidden cat litter home. Progress is slow and things go awry more often than not. I will post some pictures on a day when things have gone well, if that ever happens. The very first cut I made for this project was wrong. I need to get my head back in the game.

This morning I went out there and the first thing I tried was to router a piece of wood only to have it ripped from my fingers, thrown across the room and smashed into pieces. I called it a day at that point.

No comments: