Monday, April 11, 2011

Marathon Project Completion

Finally, after 4 months, we have finished the master closet! There has been some serious blood sweat and tears that have gone into this project and there were many MANY times I was sure it would never be finished. Actually I still have to make about 4 more shelves for the shoe racks.

I have lost track of all the mistakes - there were LOTS. Stopping and starting with days or weeks in between will do that. But as we did the final assembly it all fell into place incredibly well.

The biggest mistake we made on this project was tearing out the old closet and turning the house into a war zone before we had even cut a board. You have no idea how much stuff you have in a closet until you have to store it somewhere else in the house for 4 months.

Now of course we have to paint the bedroom. And then there will be new lighting needed to match the decor. And of course new curtains and bedding. Why does every project become a money pit?

While the project list is still LONG, my only plan for the near future is putting the house back in order. I took this week off work to try to get this finished and because it was a success I think I'll reward myself with a couple of actual DAYS OFF!

No comments: