Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's All That!

I have had a few days to play with my new ASUS G73JH-X3 laptop and I still have to say THIS LAPTOP ROCKS! I finally finished playing Frontlines: Fuel of War and am getting better at Gears of War, but it's still kind of complicated. This thing just eats games for breakfast! But in all fairness I have found some things I dislike about it.

First the disk partitioning. What was ASUS thinking? You have 2 320 GB hard drives partitioned into 4 parts: 75 GB for the OS. SERIOUSLY? Windows updates will fill that up in no time flat! 2 x 150 GB. WHY? and then one large 205 GB partition. None of it makes sense. The only way to fix this is to reformat and repartition the drives. UGH!

The other disappointment is 640 GB is just NOT ENOUGH. I can't believe I am actually saying that but in the process of trying to move the files from my old computer to my laptop I am technically already out of room. The only thing to do is buy bigger hard drives and START OVER. If I do decide to go that route, I will be buying two 2 TB drives. If I run out of room with that, I should give up computing.
As a work around in the mean time I bought a Thermaltake BlacX Duet SATA docking station. It will only be good for drives storing data as it's too slow for gaming. But it will give me a way to save all that crap I never have time to sort through.

I finally found some time to get out in the shop today. I didn't get a lot accomplished but it felt good all the same. I have a little restoration project I am working on and I'll posts some pictures as soon as I get a new digital camera. The Sony is dying fast. Between this camera and the Handycam I have learned a very valuable lesson: DO NOT BUY SONY PRODUCTS! They don't last and Sony has LOUSY product and software support. They are on my official boycott list. Canon, Nikon, Fuji are all on my maybe list.

No comments: