Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tooling Around


I have been busy the last few weeks with this tool box concept. It keeps getting more and more elaborate as I go. I am sure the fellows on the woodworking forums think I am a total nut. Ah well my creative gene was missing a few links.


Building this box has given me the opportunity to use almost every tool in my shop. Today for example I am going to have my first go at the biscuit joiner. Saying I am a little nervous is an understatement. I am in the process of making the lid out of blood wood and black locust. Neither of these are cheap woods. And if I mess up I do not have enough of either wood to start over. So wish me luck.


The box itself has undergone many design changes since it's inception. What it will finally turn out like is anybodies guess. But I do enjoy box making it seems. Especially when I am not constrained to the "normal".

No comments: