Monday, November 30, 2009

The Box

I finally got the box together. There were a lot of mistakes made during this, and in turn a lot of learning of things not to do and learning ways to fix things that went wrong. Still I have to say it turned out better then I anticipated. Not perfect but still a very nice box.

Right now I am in the process of finishing it. I have discovered my garage is very tightly sealed and in need of some kind of ventilation when doing finishing. For the moment that involves opening the outside door for 10 minutes. Not something I will want to do come mid January.

It was fun experimenting with all the different woods in this box. Now I am experimenting with how different woods work with different finishes. This is obviously an art that takes a long time to master. Hopefully I'll at least get somewhat good at it.

No comments: