Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Go Kart Finish Line

Although I can no longer remember when I started this project, the end is in sight. I should be finished by today and the spouse and grandson will be painting it on the weekend. This was a long and at times very frustrating project, not to mention how expensive it was. I did learn several things while doing this. The most important lesson was HAVE A PLAN. Building things off the top of your head is difficult at best. There is a lot of trial and a whole lot of error.

This project also taught me that there is more then one way to cut wood. I think I have used every cutting tool I own at some point on this project. Because I often assembled things and then realized I needed to make a cut, I had to do some very innovative cutting. I don't recommend this method.

So I am going to head back into the shop and get 'er done as they say. I'll post pictures later.

No comments: