Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lazy Sundays

Some family commitments have kept me out of the shop for a couple of days. Today I am having trouble finding my motivation again. But I AM going out there!

The go kart is on hold until I get to Fastenal to buy some bearings. Hopefully they will have the ones I need in stock. It looks like I am going to have to do some welding on the rear wheels as well. I don't know how well that's going to work but I'm going to give it a try. I need to fabricate something to drive the wheels from the axle. None of this is really explainable, but I'll try to take some photos as I do it so it makes more sense in the long run. It's hard not to "over engineer" things.

Today I think I will work on the drawers for under the work bench. They need to be "pull out" somehow but I don't want to put 2" casters on them as I will lose too much storage space that way. This will be some other concoction I will have to make up on the fly.

The drawer joinery has been plaguing me as well. I should just stick to the KISS principal but I am considering box joints. The problem is I am using plywood and it doesn't always rout that well especially with box joints. But I'll give it a shot.

OK, GO TO SHOP, GO DIRECTLY TO SHOP. Yeah yeah whatever. I AM still on vacation after all.

No comments: