Sunday, February 1, 2009

Steeler Nation

I just watched the XLIII Superbowl and what can I say but congrats Pittsburgh! It certainly was a tremendous edge-of-your-seat game and even though I was rooting for the underdog Cardinals, the Steelers certainly deserved the win.

We had our traditional just-the-two-of us Superbowl party. We cook ridiculous amounts of football food, we eat, I have a couple of cocktails, spew out commentary like I've been calling plays since third grade, high five each other no matter which team makes a great play, and then clean up and go to bed. It's a great tradition.

I am starting another week of interior painting. The last two weeks of painting have been a wash. The Home Depot Behr PREMIUM paint we used absolutely SUCKS! DO NOT buy this paint. I am now about to repaint the entire upstairs with tried and trusted Pratt and Lambert Red Seal paint. The reason we didn't use this in the first place was that we had to drive 45 miles to get it, which is what we ended up having to do anyway. I will never make THAT mistake again. So I have seen very little of the shop or my computer for the last couple of weeks and will likely see less of it for the next couple.

The endless joys of home ownership.

No comments: