Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rock Band Saw

So the band saw nightmare was ongoing after all. Just when I thought I had it all tuned up, things got ugly again. I bought new blades and new tires but things didn't go so well. ANYHOW I spent several more hours retuning it and setting up yet AGAIN and I think I have it now. The problem seems to lie with the riser block shifting. We'll see how long this latest tune up lasts. I would REALLY like to move on to working on something ELSE in the shop. I haven't even had a chance to get my new planes out of the protective wrapping yet.

The painting is finally DONE. Well for a while anyway. I won't say I am 100% happy with it but I am happy enough to leave it alone for a while. The walls and ceiling in this house are very strange. They do weird things to paint. I am very happy with the colours we chose for a change. Usually I dislike them once I get them on but this time the colours look very nice. Good old Pratt and Lambert. Gotta love em.

The next project will be the closet makeovers. I'll actually get to use all my new woodworking tools on something. There are 4 closets, 1 utility storage room and the laundry room that are on the project board. I think I will start with the smallest closet first. Now if I could just figure out how to use Google Sketch Up.

No comments: