Monday, October 27, 2008

Vista Surprises

A client brought me a computer today with a printer installation problem. She told me it was running Vista Ultimate and so it was. On a 1.7 GHz processor with 512 MB of SDRAM. Unbelievable. It was slow but was working just fine. The printer problem was a simple software fix. I wouldn't have thought it was possible to run ANY Vista installation on such little memory.

It was a slow vegetative day today. Played a little, trolled the forums, ordered a Ideazon Merc Stealth Illuminated Keyboard. The spouse will be happy to hear that. I just hope the illumination on it is better then this Logitech G15 and I hope the keys wear better. I may just sell the G15 along with the Belkin Nostromo N52 SpeedPad.

Tomorrow I hope to do a little house cleaning, something I am way behind on, and maybe get out in the workshop and do some organizing out there. Winter is coming and it's home improvement time.

No comments: