Friday, October 17, 2008

I Just Wanna Cry

The video card saga is almost at an end. I have all but given up on these things. Today I wanted to try something and made a small change in the BIOS and lost the PCI-E slots completely. I had to go out and buy a PCI video card just so I could boot back into the BIOS to fix things. This is getting crazy. Then I bought and tried to run 3DMark Vantage and it will not even run on this system as long as I have Crossfire enabled. Both the cards work fine by themselves, but that's not what I am after.

My very last attempt to recoup the glory of these cards is to put the stock coolers back on and see if they work like they did in the beginning. The after market coolers should not be the issue but I really am out of options now. If that doesn't work then I will be selling them and looking at a 4870 x2. Of course this is easier said then done because I can't seem to find thermal pads anywhere and they are necessary to put the stock coolers back on. Should be interesting trying to get the heat sinks off after using that industrial thermal adhesive.

So it was pretty much another wasted day trying to get my computer to actually WORK. It's 1:30 a.m. and I am no farther ahead then when I turned my computer on this morning. I HATE these kinds of days!

No comments: