Sunday, October 26, 2008

Getting Creative

Now that I know it wasn't the Creative Zen that was messing up my computer, but a bum video card, I decided to check this little freebie out. Turns out the thing KICKS ASS! I put a couple of movies on a 8 GB SD card and loaded up some music and I was entertained all weekend. The software converts movie files to a readable proper sized format and it does a very nice job. The picture is crystal clear and the screen is big and bright enough to make viewing comfortable. The sound was perfect crisp stereo with excellent channel separation. The battery life was very impressive, letting me watch a full length movie, listen to an hour of downloaded music, and listen to the radio for almost 4 full hours on one full charge. WOW!

The Zen also handles photos, slide shows, Zen Casts, Audible books, music videos, recorded television, movies, FM radio, links to Outlook Contacts, a task calender, and voice recording. That's a lot of bang for the buck.

I showed the spouse a sample of the movie and that was all it took to be added to the Xmas wish list. However, I managed to completely forget our 9th anniversary on Saturday, so I went to The Source today and bought an 8 GB model to make amends. I think I am forgiven.

I got a Mastercraft Maximum 2 HP Plunge Router, a beautiful card and flowers as my anniversary present and am VERY happy with that. I am such a heel for forgetting!

I just bought a couple of acrylic cases for the Zens on EBay along with a car and electric charger for them. The exchange rate is brutal AGAIN, but that was still the cheapest place to get them. I think these little gadgets are going to get a lot of use.

So if you are in the market for an awesome mp3 player that has more to offer then just music, I strongly suggest checking out the Creative Zen. They are very reasonably priced and come in 2, 4, 8, 16 and 32 GB models. But with the added SD card slot these players can hold infinite amounts of digital entertainment.

No comments: