Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Post Apocalypse

It's really nice just to be able to enjoy my computers for a change. There is just a void created when things go from total chaos to normal. I am almost at a loss for what to do with myself.

The EBay deal sorted itself out. The seller knocked the shipping down to $19.00 USPS Express shipping for both items. That is MUCH more reasonable, although still a bit pricey for a package the size of a small envelope. But alas, such is the cost of everything these days. However I will test the bridges out for length and connectivity BEFORE I mod the second card.

So now I am back to building my wish list. If I sell my other computer my first purchase will be a 30" monitor since I have decided to sell the 17" Samsung 712N LCD with the computer. I am sure the spouse will take the 22" Dell I am using now. If not, I will sell it too. The new monitor will either be a Dell or Gateway, although I do have a lot more faith in Dell then Gateway. But the 30" Gateway has had some excellent reviews. Guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

The second item on my list would be two HD 4870x2's. Oh yes this could actually be an even SWEETER system if my wishes come true. Right now I am paying down the credit cards and appeasing the spouse. But my birthday and Christmas are both on the horizon :)

Tomorrow I have some video editing to do so that will be another test for this system. The video is for the baseball team and the party we are having Saturday. I did manage to get the "wreck" room cleaned up. Well the worst of it anyway. Now I am off to write my Nautilus 500 review.

No comments: