Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Monitor Madness

Monitor Madness was the title of Tiger Direct's sale. However it might become the mantra of people buying the monitors. The I-Inc 28 inch monitor arrived today and aver getting it all hooked up and going into panic mode because it wouldn't even turn on, I finally figured out how the buttons ACTUALLY worked. Then things went downhill AGAIN. The monitor itself is HUGE which is great, and it is bright, almost too bright, and VERY clear. Mine however has some issues.

The top right corner of the screen looks "washed out" when the background is black and there are two spots on the screen that almost look like dents. There is no physical damage to the screen but it's the appearance of these spots that is a bit disconcerting. You can not notice any problem on a white or light background. But I KNOW IT'S THERE!

So now I have the dilemma of do I return the monitor or not. I am sure return shipping for this baby will NOT be cheap. The problem is not horribly bad and I could just live with it, but that's not what I paid for. This will require some serious deliberation I can tell.

Other then that, for the price the monitor is awesome. No dead pixels and no real bells and whistles and I have no idea what the speakers are like because I have no intention of using them anyway. But it tilts and swivels and lifts which is all really nice.

I have tried a couple of games and it's really fabulous, until the artifacting starts. Now I don't know if that is a monitor or video card issue. I had no problems on the 22" Dell so it leads me to believe it COULD be a monitor issue.

Speaking of games I got the new Crysis Warhead and it seems OK. Lots of video in it and I haven't found the settings that will make it run the way I want it yet. There are some hiccups that get annoying real fast. Guess I'll spend the rest of the evening tweaking things.

No comments: