Thursday, September 11, 2008

Missed The Boat

Tiger Direct had a huge deal on I-Inc 28" monitors that were regularly $658.00 on sale for $399.00. I was so close to jumping on that it was scary. But of course I had to research the whole thing first and that took most of the day. By the time I thought I decided I should maybe go for it, they were SOLD OUT!



That's a good and a bad thing. It really was a heck of a deal. The monitors themselves are not that highly rated but for that price you can't really go wrong. But in retrospect I really would much rather have a high quality monitor that I am not going to regret buying in 3 months. I just wish they didn't have the HIGH PRICE TAG to go with them. I am still waffling between the Dell and the Gateway 30 inchers.



EVGA is sponsoring a "Design Your Own Avatar" contest, probably in light of the long forum discussion about some inappropriate avatars that some people are using. It's a great idea really and they are giving away some great prizes. So I thought what the heck and gave it a shot. It required an instant learning course in how to make animations in Photoshop. It took me a few hours but as you can see I think I got it down. I probably won't win any prizes for it but it was fun to do just the same. This was actually my second attempt but I like it. I don't think the animation works in Blogger though.

No comments: