Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Drive Me Crazy

This morning I went to work trying to resolve the monitor dilemma. Once again I am afflicted by bad ATI drivers it seems. Many years ago I stopped buying ATI cards JUST because of driver issues. Seems they have not quite figured out how to write software for their hardware. I ended up going all the way back to the 8.7 version and guess what? Everything works perfect again. So until I have some REALLY good reason to update these drivers I will be sticking with these.

Now my only other issues are whether or not to return this monitor, and I need to find some way to set up the brightness colour on this monitor because it is WAY too bright and the colours are a little washed out because of that. I will have to investigate the options on how best to tweak these settings.

I really like this monitor, but I still have that issue on the right side of the screen that just persists in mentally annoying me. It really does not affect the picture except on absolute blacks and even then it is not distractingly noticeable. I don't know. I'll go eat breakfast (it's now 2:00 p.m.) and then I will ponder it a bit more.

No comments: